суббота, 18 мая 2013 г.

Cinema

CINEMA
Cinema plays an important role in the life of any society. It is an available popular form of art. Lots of people find going to the cinema one of the best ways of spending their leisure time. The movie audience is predominantly a young one.

No matter how large the place you live in is (whether it's a big city or a small provincial town, or even a settlement) there's most likely to be a cinema there. The performance lasts from two or three hours and most cinemas have at least 4 performances a day. There is no doubt that a good cinema show is an excellent entertainment and quite cheap.
There are a lot of different kinds of films: feature films, theatrical films, horror films, thriller films, popular science films, travelogues, mystery films, documentaries, animated cartoon films. Besides, the films may be color or black and white, full-length or short, sound or silent, dubbed in mother tongue, three-dimensional or wide-screen.
We can see films either in the cinema or on the TV. As I am often short of time, I have practically no time for going to the cinema. For this reason I see films on television more frequently. But sometimes I manage to go to the cinema. In this way I usually see in the programme what films are on. Then I phone my friends and we discuss what films to see. If I want to go to an evening show, I usually book tickets in advance.
I prefer feature films and amusing comedies. It’s a pity the life is so difficult nowadays and I want to relax a little, sometimes even to laugh at. But at the same time I am fond of true-to-life films describing the life of the ordinary people, their feelings and problems. Such films move me deeply, they arouse the feelings of sympathy or hatred for the heroes. As a rule such films leave a deep and lasting impression upon me.
My favourite film is "Gone with the Wind" by M. Mitchell. This film is in colour. It's an old film but still it enjoys great popularity. There are many famous American actors in it with Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable in the leads. I was deeply impressed by their acting and the film itself.  It is really wonderful from the beginning to the end. There are a lot of films which are worth seeing, but this one is the best one to my mind.



Questions:

1. How do lots of people find going to the cinema?
2. Who makes up the movie audience?
3. What genres of feature films are there?
4. How many performances have many cinemas a day?
5. Are you fond of going to the cinema?
6. What do you give your preference to?
7. What film have you seen last time?


Vocabulary:

dubbed (in) film – дублированный фильм
predominantly — по преимуществу, главным образом
feature film – художественный фильм
full-length film – полнометражный фильм
more frequently – более часто
movie audience — киноаудитория, кинозрители
ordinary – обычный, заурядный
three-dimensional film – стереофильм
short film – короткометражный фильм
to move deeply – глубоко тронуть
to arouse a feeling of sympathy or hatched – вызывать чувство симпатии или ненависти
to leave a deep and lasting impression upon smb. – оставить глубокое незабываемое впечатление
to release – выпускать фильм на экран
true-to-life film – реалистический, правдивый фильм
wide-screen film – широкоформатный фильм

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий